Friday, January 18, 2013

Ocean Week Cont.

Monday, January 14th - Friday, January 18th cont.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I had to catch up on the week via a few lengthy posts.

This week we started an Ocean unit.  I took a photo of the bulletin board I created outside the classroom using a few works of art the students created.  Some of you might recognize the found material in this picture.  When I arrived at school on Tuesday,  I spotted these blue trays sitting outside the cafeteria awaiting pick up for the dumpster.  The trays were from the previous day's healthy afternoon snack of bell peppers.  I thought they would make great ocean wave backdrops so I swooped them into our room!  The students used them to count and play with paper fish.


I sat a tray, along with alphabet fish and a large book about fish, under the bulletin board in our room.  One student in particular enjoyed swimming the fish from the board over the pages in the book and in front of the bulletin board.



No comments:

Post a Comment