Friday, January 18, 2013

Introduction

Where to begin...

I have taught K-5th grade Art for two years, 6-8th grade Art for three years.  I took two years off from teaching when my family moved to a different state and I helped my husband open a small business.  I decided to get my "foot in the door" and start substitute teaching this year because I missed being in the classroom.  I was a substitute for two days before I was offered a permanent position as a classroom aide, making my sub career a very short one!  I am not working in my focus area of art, but hopefully that will change before the fall!  I now work within a classroom where there is a five to four student to teacher ratio.  The students need different cognitive, behavioral, and social considerations when it comes to their education.  It is with the acceptance of this position that I decided to create a blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment