Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's Ocean Week Part II

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The first week of our Ocean unit was a success so we decided to extend it another week!


My daughter learned this song many years ago and I thought I would teach it to the kids today:

One, two three, four, five (hold up fingers while counting)
Once I caught a fish alive,
Six, seven, eight, nine, ten (hold up additional fingers)
Then I let it go again.
Why did I let it go?
Because it bit my finger so.
Which finger did it bite?
The little finger on the right (hold up pinky on the right hand)

The teacher had this great activity where the kids could fish from the sensory table.


We created starfish today.  I passed out a colored starfish which was cut and pasted onto another piece of colored paper.  I asked the kids to tell me the colors and/or stated the colors and had them repeat them back to me before we started the activity.  We used Honey Nut Cheerios and glue to add texture to the starfish - which I brought lots of cereal as it is a crowd favorite in this classroom!



We also listened to Disney's, The Little Mermaid, online off and on throughout the day.







No comments:

Post a Comment