Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ocean Activities and Crafts

Today we were able to work on our ocean books during writing...


I supplied stickers, sandpaper, and suggested some drawing to fill the picture portions of the books.  I glued sentence strips to the bottoms of the pages with accompanying ocean words. I made a mental note that it would be a lot easier to write the letters onto the sentence strips before giving the books to the students.  This way the students who could copy the letters, those who need to trace, and those who need hand-over-hand could all write at the same time.  This would have eliminated the time it took to help each student work to their potential.

I also set out some water sensory because our students LOVE water!  I looked for small plastic fish at the store, but didn't have any luck.  I guess winter is not the best time to shop for plastic fish!


We also read One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, which was also a crowd pleaser!




No comments:

Post a Comment